Heres an update on the Peacoat Id been working on. Its another variation of my coat design. To back track a bit, I originally had made the patterns here, using this book, and the coat patterns I posted way back when I first started this blog. I tried making it once but had to make a minor adjustment to the pattern with the help of Ralph Lauren. Long story short, I finally got it done. Here is the muslin sample.
Fit wise it looks fine now. The Only thing I might change is the length. Peacoats are usually shorter by two or three inches. I also added a hood to it. Im not sure if Ill leave it like that but I wanted to do something different with it. I put welt pockets on the sides, but with zippers in them. I saw this done on a similar jacket and really liked it. I never do it before so was hard to do the first time. You gotta be carful because if you don't sew it in right it will make your fabric poke out at the edges. I got the hang of it though.