Wednesday, September 23, 2009





This post is dedicated to my illustrations. Although all Ive shown so far in this blog are a couple sketches, I have tons of Illustration lost on my computer from over the years. As a designer it is an important part of my creative process. However, even before I ever thought about making clothing Ive always loved to draw. As far as I could remeber, it just came naturally to me. Luckily for me this skill could translate into Fashion and it wasnt long before a couple of quick sketches marked my first venture into the world of fashion design. I believe it was the strength of my drawings that got me into design school.


As I learned how to make clothing, I can say the importance of drawing took a back seat requiring nothing more than for a quick sketch or rendering for different projects. I can honestly say, since Ive always been good at drawing or was better than my classmates I never practiced. Right now, Im a little rusty seeing I dont get enough time to practice as I use to but every now and then I draw for the pure fun of it like I did when I was a kid.


In particular I sometimes do full renderings of different pieces of clothing Ive made; just out of tradition but more so for portfolio purposes than fun. Some take me a long time but I definitely want to take my Illustrations to the next level cause I still have a lot to learn. Anyways, you can be the judge of that. Heres some older illustrations Ive done:









No comments:

Post a Comment