Sunday, November 15, 2009





Illustration is part two of the process. Since I already made a rather lengthy post on illustration not to long ago, I'll keep this one short and sweet. Ill reuse my hoodie sketches again for sake of having an example.

As far as sketches go, I usually draw off memory. Normally I think about a design a while before actually drawing it, however, if need be, I use photos from my mood board as a reference to remind me of an idea or theme I had.

The key is to illustrate what the clothing would look like from different views or perspectives almost like a flat pattern but with more styling. Sometimes I focus on specific details or a special part of a garment that should be featured.
For me, illustrations are the quickest and easiest way of going from my sources of inspiration, to and idea and putting it on paper so that I don't need the mood board anymore. The image then should serve as a guide preparing anyone for the next step: patternmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment