Thursday, November 12, 2009






Conception to creation is a phrase I use to refer to the design process. No matter what everything starts with an single idea which progresses until some type of product is made. As the saying goes "no ideas original" and most great ideas began from some type of inspiration. Inspiration can be anything and can come from anywhere. It can be something as simple as a word, phrase, or even your favorite song. In fashion design most are images.

Mood Boards are created from these pieces of inspiration. They are like like a scrapbook or collage of these pieces so that a designer can remember them and have some type of direction when they design. When looking at the Mood board of a potential collection or design you should be able to figure out the story, theme or "mood" the company wants to evoke for his or her upcoming collection. Normally mood boards look something like the pictures you see here.





However, mine are all done digitally on my laptop so there's no need to cut out magazines or make scrap books. Since I spend soo much time online nowadays, I can easily gather photos or other pieces of inspiration. Moreover, I do most of my drawing on my laptop, so wouldnt make sense to have my mood board anywhere else. This way I can take it anywhere with me and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment